02 April, 2014

Getting the jobs off the bench. Making progress and shifting gears from wood to auto repair...

I did some reading of my own blog. I kind of wonder if anyone else does that. I do it to see if I actually enjoy reading what I write. I am probably under the false impression that if I like it, you will like it, but it is the only measure I have available... Anyway I read the what's on my bench thread, and realized I had most, not all, but most of it done...

The hose reel is up, I have abandoned the ganging project for now. May pick it up later, but I kind of doubt I need to at this point... I am more and more convinced the performance problem was a blockage caused by an errant piece of teflon tape.

The planer sled has been moved. I didn't mention it in my prior post, but I am making a quick & dirty storage box for the hot glue gun. Just a basic nail and glue pine box, I am going to relieve the edges, put a piano hinge on it and paint it gloss white. The primary use for the hot glue gun is my wife's craft projects, so I wanted it more indoor stuff. I was going to let her have some fun with her stencils and figured the gloss white latex would give her a good base to work with... Once the glue dries, I relieve the edges, sand it and then apply the paint. Once the paint is dry I apply the piano hinge, and a catch.

Shop cleanup is mostly done. Still need to fold and stow the drop cloths my bride put into the shop, and sweep, but otherwise I am good to go.

The false drawer front for my college friend is done, waiting to be picked up. I think I will charge him 1 Shiner Bock and he picks up the tab for the pool table on the next guys night out...

Lastly the miter saw stand drawers.. I admit I am making no progress on them. I need to, I want to, but it has been very low on my priority list...

I am prepping now for several auto repair jobs. These include.

#1. Swap torque converter, front oil seal & bushing as well as the pump seal & O ring on my F150 4x4. I will be adding a B&M pan drain plug, and changing the fuel filter while it is on the lift. I have all the parts and supplies I need for this job.
#2. Swapping out the AC Compressor Clutch, Power Steering Pump, Water Pump, idler and tensioner pulleys and belt on my Saturn SL2.  The clutch, PS pump, and belt have arrived. The rest is ordered. I need to get some Anti Freeze for this job, but other than that, once the truck is on the road again, I start in on the Saturn...

I took today off so that I could rest up from working some insane hours over the last few weeks. I really think I need to just find a comfy spot on the sofa, and enjoy some streaming shows. Maybe catch an episode of New Yankee Workshop or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment